Harvest Song Rose Petal
Valentine’s Day is around the corner!
Tired of offering chocolates and flowers?
Celebrate with Harvest Song’s delicate Tea Rose Preserves - the taste is just amazing with soft cheeses and Rieslings. Used as a medicinal plant in rural Armenia and other places in the world for thousands of years, these edible rose petals are mentioned in many old manuscripts and were found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs.
Sylvia Tirakian of Harvest Song Ventures has often said, “less is more” and with her Tea-Rose Preserve, she and her team have truly created a unique product - a small drop of the preserve gives an intoxicating aroma and a soothing effect. Harvest Song artisans gather the petals, which then go through a minimal cooking process to maintain their integrity.
“I have seen our tea rose petal jam used in Michelin kitchens as an ingredient in lamb tagine or in pork dishes and paired with many varieties of artisan cheeses, but for me rose petals are in lieu of sugar in tea, which is a tradition I have learned from my many visits to the rural villages of Armenia. While, I do not mean to insult the discerning palettes of my customers, my favorite use of the preserve is with peanut butter”.
Bread with Sesame Paste and Harvest Song Rose Petal Jam
Cooking Time: 15 min, 8-10 servings
- 1 package of dry yeast
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter
- 4 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour or 1 cup whole wheat flour plus 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups Sesame Paste
- 1 ¼ cups Harvest Song Rose petal jam
- Make dough and let rise for 2 ½ hours
- Divide into 3 parts. Roll each part separately into a 12 inch circle
- Spread 1/3 of Sesame Paste and 1/3 Rose petal jam over entire surface of each circle. Roll up jelly-roll style. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Squeeze and stretch each piece gently to make a smooth length of 3 ½ feel long. Cut into 6-inch pieces; shape each piece into a pinwheel. Roll each pinwheel into 4-inch disk with rolling pin.
- As soon as each baking sheet is filled, bake immediately in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool completely. Store in airtight container
For wholesale customer please contact our offices 516 773 7356
Retail customers please visit our website harvestsongventures.com or call us 516 773 7356, available in 18.9 oz and 10.2 oz